Wednesday, December 2, 2009

last supper

I was working at Mr. Stabbert's home today. He stepped out for a minute. I kept hearing a noise, which i dismissed as being a heating radiator or something. After a minute I realized the racket was a little rodent slash mouse, that had been capture. I went to the kitchen to find some crumbs to put in one of the holes of the metal box trap. I found some chocolate but decided against that, thinking it might not be good for the critter. I scooped out a sliver of butter, the size of an apple seed, with my finger and put it in one of the holes of the cage. The critter ate it up. When Mr. Stabbert came home, I mentioned that he had a new guest. I asked if he wanted me put him outside. Mr. Stabbert said he was going to take him for a swim, that is, flush him down the toilet. So sadly, the little dab of butter was his last supper.

No comments: